Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Whale-y Mood: 81 down, 9,267 to go.

Noah and the Whale's song "Jocasta" came on my iPod on the drive in this morning, putting me in a good mood and also putting me in a Noah and the Whale-y mood. So I've been listening to Noah and the Whale all day, and also, all day long, I've been wondering who Jocasta was, and why that name rings a bell.

So I asked Some Guy At Work and he thought it rang a bell, too, and he's the kind of guy who would know, because he's the kind of guy who can point out that the "Inside the Actor's Studio" host's wife is also the oriental woman on the original "Clue" box, so he knows things like that and also he knows actual book-learning things, but he wasn't able to help me.

And I wasn't able to ask Lou, because Lou wasn't around. Lou might know who "Jocasta" was because Lou is the kind of guy who, when asked whether Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman ever were in a movie together, knows that Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman were in Dick Tracy together -- just knows that, right off the top of his head, something even Sweetie didn't know, and Sweetie knows everything about movies.

So both Some Guy At Work and Lou either let me down and/or were unavailable today and I couldn't take it any longer so while listening to Noah and the Whale all day I also looked up "Jocasta" and found out that she was Oedipus' mother and also possibly related to the Sphinx.

Which maybe means that the song should not have cheered me up, after all. But it's so bouncy!

Song 81 is a Noah and the Whale song, too. It's "2 Atoms in A Molecule:



Down... to go: With all these songs on my iPod, and all these thoughts in my head, you can see why I never get any work done. Song 80 here, and just for the heck of it, here's a link to "Jocasta" when I put it up as song 72.

No comments: