Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey, I got some new shoes on and suddenly everything's right.

I don't know much about shoes, or how to buy them or when to buy them or why to buy them. So when I came across the Jildor website, I didn't really know what to make of it. Was it good? Was it bad? Was it a website that anyone would ever want to look at again? And why was I sitting at my computer questioning this myself when I instead could bring in three renowned shoe experts: Sweetie, Middle, and Oldest, to examine the site and let me know whether THEY liked it.

So I did that. "Hey, Sweetie, Middle, Oldest, come here. There's a website you might like," I told them. They responded enthusiastically:

Sweetie: "Is it another one of your dumb lists?"
Middle:
"I'm doing homework."
Oldest: "Everything you say is boring except when you give me money. Which I could use some of. Does the website have money on it?"

Eventually, though, I got them over to look at it (by telling Oldest that the site did actually give out money.) When they got a look at it, here's what I got:

Middle: They have ugg boots and shoes for way cheap!

Oldest:
Did you see they have handbags for way below regular price? I could always use a new purse. Especially if I'm going to have money to put in it. I am going to get some money, right?

Sweetie: Where's the credit card?

So the verdict was in. This site, Jildor, makes shoe shopping easier -- a little too easy; my credit card is melting down-- and more fun by letting women compare shoes and get great prices on them and then order them online, so that shoes just get delivered to their door, like a little surprise every day. Or several times a day, in our house. Plus handbags. Plus they've got live chat to help out, and a phone number to call.

But mostly, I think, it's the shoes. The neverending display of shoes that look so great on the website, and are so easy to click on and order. They look a lot bigger in our house, where I think eventually they're going to crowd us out. But the girls are happy, I suppose. And isn't that really what counts?

Middle: No, what really counts is shoes.
Oldest: And I could still use a little money.
Sweetie: I'm just glad it wasn't one of your dumb lists.

1 comment:

lisapepin said...

Dude, if you keep writing stuff about discount designer shoes, my husband is going to ban me from your site. Keep it on the DL, man.