Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It gets more confusing when I use French Bread To Make Texas Toast (A Great Ranking of Problems New Addition!)


Last night, Sweetie made lasagna and garlic bread. As I write this, though, I'm not sure if it was garlic bread, or if it was french bread. I used to call it French bread, I guess because it was made from those long loaves of bread that the French have adopted to replace the epee in Olympic fencing competitions... but it's probably supposed to be garlic bread because she puts garlic and butter on the French bread.

Which raises the question: why don't we just use Italian bread to make garlic bread? Our dinner table has a whole EU thing going on.

That's all not the point. The point is this: After putting my lasagna on my plate, and after helping Mr Bunches and Mr F into their chair, and after helping them back out of their chair to run around, and after saying Grace and after eating a piece of garlic bread, I then took my first forkful of lasagna and instantly boiled away the roof of my mouth.

Why do Italian foods retain heat so effectively for so long, and why are we not using pizza and lasagna as insulation in houses? All the builder would have to do is heat up the walls, then install them, and decades later the walls would still be radiating heat.

Anyway, that all prompts me to add another entry to

The Great Ranking Of Problems:

502: Having to wait forever, seemingly, for Italian food to cool down.

Prior entries:

173: Preshoveling & reshoveling snow.
...
721: Printer not holding a lot of paper at once.
...
5,000: Lopsided Nail Clipping.
...
7,399: Potato(E?)s?
. . .
15,451: Almost napping.
14,452: Worrying that there's too much peanut brittle leftover to eat before it goes bad.
...
22,372: Having hair which isn't quite a definable color.
22,373: Having too many songs on an iPod



Bumblebeez:

No comments: