Sunday, June 14, 2009

I would also do good things for others with the money, mind you, but the Palace comes first.

Like many people, I buy a couple of lottery tickets each time I stop at the gas station. (And, to those of you out there who snickered at that, well, when I win $300 million dollars and use it to build a palace on the moon, a palace made out of sour cream and onion potato chips, who'll be snickering then? Not you... because even if you come see it, I won't give you any air.)

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah. Lottery tickets. I buy them, and their life cycle is then: Put in wallet. Plan to watch drawing. Don't. Plan to check numbers online. Get caught by boss checking lottery numbers online. Try to explain that, no, I'm perfectly happy with my job and never intended to leave. Try to explain, too, the sheer number of office supplies crammed into briefcase. Get embarrassed when boss checks online "history" and finds out how little I actually do around here. Pray that one of the lottery tickets is a winner so that I can do a "good news/bad news" thing with Sweetie.

All of this is to say that I'm not real good about checking the numbers and I never watch the drawings. So I end up with, probably, billions in winning lottery tickets sitting in my wallet next to the ticket stub from the time we went to see The Two Towers (a ticket stub I saved because it might be worth money some day.)

Now, though, there's a website that can save me a lot of trouble by getting me the mega millions results and other lottery numbers sent to my cell phone moments after they're drawn. All it takes is a cell phone number and a desire to win millions. Entering your cell phone number on the site (that link'll take you there) will get you texted the lottery numbers when they're drawn, so that you don't have to be near a TV and don't have to worry about the folks at work catching you checking them.

That and they've got the numbers for past draws posted on the site, which lets you see what numbers have been coming up a lot lately, and there's even a link to let you buy lottery tickets online -- lottery tickets from ANYWHERE.

I just feel like, after finding this site, I'm that much closer to the Sour Cream & Onion Moon Palace.

1 comment:

lisapepin said...

"...a palace made out of sour cream and onion potato chips." I am hereby officially inviting myself to this housewarming party.