Saturday, July 18, 2009

Charlie The Basset Hound Will Love It. I'm Positive.

Whenever he travels up here to visit from Florida, my brother Matt brings with him his dog, Charlie The Basset Hound. Matt and his wife love Charlie, and don't want to leave him alone in a house all day, with a neighbor popping in to make sure he's fed. They want him to have a good time and lots of companionship and not get lonely.

I understand all that, and I don't mind it at all, other than the fact that when Matt has Charlie the Basset Hound here, I can't foist off my kids onto him and get free babysitting.

So I've found the solution that's perfect for both of us: Dog Day Care from Camp Bow Wow.

Camp Bow Wow runs day and overnight camps for dogs in a safe and upscale environment -- it's like a home away from home where dogs can be dropped off in the morning and picked up in the evening, OR the dogs can stay overnight, joining the day camp dogs during the day and then staying in their own cabins at night.

This isn't just some place where dogs are stuffed into a pen and left to molder all day; Camp Bow Wow has trained staffers who understand dogs - -their health and behavior -- and who will work with your dogs to make sure they have fun and enjoy their stay at camp.

They've even got live "Camper Cams," so if Matt wants to see Charlie The Basset Hound while he's babysitting MY kids, he can do that easily-- watching Charlie eat campfire treats and playing in the indoor and outdoor play areas.

While I found out about Camp Bow Wow from their website, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them before, seeing as how they've been featured in a bunch of media, like newspapers and television shows. There's over 200 of them right now (and their website has a link to opening your own franchise... so maybe, when Matt comes here, I'll have him stay at a Camp Bow Wow that I own. After all, who says you can't make a little profit off of relatives' visiting? Society? Bah! I never listen to society anyway...)

No comments: