Thursday, December 10, 2009

I bet nobody in Hawaii sat for two hours in traffic this morning. (3 Good Things From 12/9/09)

I have only rarely needed my 3 Good Things more than today, after I spent 2 hours (yes, 120 minutes) driving the seven miles to work. There were no accidents, no bad roads... just a lot of people who are apparently completely unfamiliar with this thing we call "snow" and this other thing we call "driving like someone who has more than one functioning brain cell."


Whoo... Okay, my 3 Good Things...



1. This comic from XKCD:




I would watch that movie. Seriously. Plus, it's nice to know I'm not the only person who sits around thinking up seemingly-ridiculous-but-in-reality-quite-good movie ideas.

2. The "Penguin Fudge" my Uncle Dick sent me. He's not really my uncle, he's my dad's uncle, but it sounds silly to call him "Great Uncle Dick" or "Second Cousin-Uncle Dick" or whatever his relationship is. Uncle Dick sends really great pr
esents, and yesterday's was really great-er: A foot-long, eight-inch-wide block of fudge shaped like a penguin. I envision needing to work out a lot more than I was originally planning to this weekend.

3. This picture:


That's Mr F on the left and pantless Mr Bunches on the right, sleeping last night at 10 p.m. when I went in to check on them. They each have their own bed, but you wouldn't know it.

Bonus Good Thing: The picture below was the only good thing from my ride in this morning: While sitting on John Nolen Drive in Madison (for 47 minutes) I snapped this photo using my cell phone:






You have to click on the picture to get the full effect, but that's Lake Monona, not yet frozen, with ducks swimming around and the mist and blowing snow covering the view of Madison across the lake.

1 comment:

lisapepin said...

Oooh. Pretty. It almost makes me miss snow. ALMOST.