Monday, February 08, 2010

I'm a computer genius! (3 Good Things From The Weekend)

Not a single one of the 3 Good Things is the Super Bowl win. I mean, sure, I won the bet with Sweetie and The Boy and that means that I and the Babies! will be wearing Saints gear pretty soon, but the weekend was so chock full o' good things that the Super Bowl didn't even make the cut!

1. Thanks to the coupons, at least the movie was free. Sweetie and I tried to take Mr Bunches and Mr F to their first real movie in a real theater, opting for a 10 a.m. showing of Ice Age 3 on Saturday. (It was actually Mr Bunches' second trip to the theater. But the last time, when Sweetie tried to take just him, he wouldn't leave the parking lot, so that doesn't count, right?)

We got into our seats about 9:52, with me thinking that the Babies! would last 8 minutes until the movie started, before getting restless. But then the movie started late, Mr Bunches got nervous about all the people and the dark, and Mr F bumped his head on the seat, forci
ng us to abandon our seats and wait in the hallway for a few minutes. We tried again, and they watched about 10 minutes of the actual movie -- but we had to leave when Mr F's boredom prompted him to roll like a log across the front of the theater.

2. Nobody was hurt in the disaster. During their naps yesterday, I had to repeatedly head into the Babies!'s room to calm things down and remind them that naptime is for sleeping, not for piling mattresses on top of Mr F, or stripping down and trying to jump off the dirty laundry basket in the closet. The lesson didn't take: the picture to the right is the scene that greeted me at 4 p.m. when I went in to "wake them up." That's in quotes because they hadn't bothered to actually sleep.

3. I got the regular 'puter working again, finally. After our laptop broke down, then got repaired, I needed to reactivate the internet service for it to begin using it again, and I'd been putting that off because of how time-consuming and tedious I thought it would be. But by Friday, I was tired of having our tiny 'puter and not having access to all my actual files and writings and stuff, so I took advantage of getting home from work early on Friday to get on the phone to my wireless provider and find out how to de-activate the netbook and re-activate the laptop. She walked me through the complicated process as follows:

Her: "Plug in the card, then click "Tools,", and "Activate."

Me: "Done. Now what?"

Her: "Now you're done."

I'm glad I could fix things like that.

(But it was good to get the laptop going again, because then I didn't have any more tiny screens to squint at, and we could use all our music again, and I had my stuff saved on the hard drive, stuff like my novel the After -- and I finally got to update that over on 5 Pages.)

(Sweetie, on the other hand, took advantage of the return of the laptop to download some Lady Gaga songs.)

(And the theme from Cold Case.)

(No, I don't know why, either.)

No comments: