Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It really is remarkable how many of these feature leftover pizza. (3 Good Things From 3/16/10)

Sweetie complained yesterday that she's never one of my 3 Good Things, which I think is inaccurate, but to rectify the situation, my 3 Good Things from yesterday are all Sweetie-based. And partially pizza-based, as well.

1. My lunch included leftover pizza. On Monday night, Sweetie made pizzas, and before she even served the pizza for dinner, she'd already packed up some as my lunch for Tuesday, so not only did I get pizza on Monday night, but I had it to look forward to on Tuesday, and, also, Sweetie's action gave me this little thought to ponder: Is it truly "leftover" pizza if you took it right out of the oven and packed it into a lunch?

Yeah. Think about that one for a while.

2. Sweetie brought me my favorite dessert, cheeseburgers. After dinner, Sweetie went to work out, while I focused on more important things like "teaching Mr F to play Pac-Man" and "Not, technically, knowing that while I taught Mr F to play Pac-Man, Mr Bunches was downstairs in the laundry room turning off the hot water heater and running a load of laundry."

That last one is true: While I taught Mr F the intricacies of Pac-Man ("Don't worry about eating the cherries") Mr Bunches was down in the laundry room. We discovered later that he'd taken the clean laundry out of the dryer and thrown it on the floor, that he'd turned off the hot water heater... and that he'd loaded a set of clothes into the washer and started the washer.

Here's a confession: I don't know how to run our washer. But Mr Bunches does.

Anyway, while I was doing all that, Sweetie was working out at the health club, and when she returned, she'd brought me home a couple of McDonald's cheeseburgers for dessert, so I got to relax and watch The Heffalump Movie with the Babies! and eat cheeseburgers.

3. Sweetie didn't get too mad when she discovered, this morning, that the hot water heater was off and she had no hot water for a bath. That's technically from this morning, but it would've happened last night if we'd discovered it then, so I'm counting it.


101 Down, 10,613 to go: Today's song is from the Avenue Q soundtrack, a soundtrack I got after one day setting my Pandora to showtunes, and hearing the whole thing. I've never seen the musical, but I bet I'd love it. It's What Do You Do With A B.A. In English/It Sucks To Be Me

No comments: