Friday, July 30, 2010

One instant, it lit all about. (Friday's Sunday's Poem/Hot Actress 57)

The Secret Heart
Robert Peter Tristram Coffin

Across the years he could recall
His father one way best of all.
In the stillest hour of night
The boy awakened to a light.
Half in dreams, he was his sire
With his great hands full of fire.
The man had struck a match to see
If his son slept peacefully.
He held his palms each side the spark
His love had kindled in the dark.
His two hands were curved apart
In the semblance of a heart.
He wore, it seemed to his small son,
A bare heart on his hidden one,
A heart that gave out such a glow
No son awake could bare to know.
It showed a look upon a face
Too tender for the day to trace.
One instant, it lit all about,
And then the secret heart went out.
But shone long enough for one
To know that hands held up the sun.

_____________________________________________________________

About the poem: So I've got hearts on my mind this week. Sue me. No, don't. I don't need the stress. But I do need the work... this is a real dilemma.

About the hot actress: I asked Sweetie who to pick and she said "Naomi Watts." Then she couldn't say why. So I picked Naomi Watts. I don't know why.

No comments: