Thursday, March 12, 2009
From The Cheesecake Truck To The End Of The Line:
Just before I got married to Sweetie, I made a mixtape to take on our honeymoon road trip to New York. The other day, I found that tape and decided to tell the story of our honeymoon through the songs on that tape.
1. The Cheesecake Truck.
2. Summer Nights.
3. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher.
4. Another Morning.
5. Sea of Love
6. If I Had a Million Dollars.
Pause Button: Why These Songs? (The Cheesecake Truck.)
8. Mr E's Beautiful Blues.
9. There should be a song title here but there isn't.
10. Praise You!
11. Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.
12. Why Don't You Get A Job?
13. Somebody To Love.
14. PAUSE BUTTON: So It Turns Out The Digital Revolution Has A Few Drawbacks, Nostalgia-Wise.
15. The length of time it feels like I'm talking about approaching the city roughly equals how long it felt like it took to GET THERE.