Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sweetie's Hunk Of The Week, 7:


The Hunk this week is Jamie Bamber:

You/Sweetie Know Him As: I was going to say that Sweetie knows him as Lee Adama on "Battlestar Galactica," (a/k/a "Geez, is EVERYONE a Frakkin' Cylon?") but then I had to look him up on IMDB to find out whether his name was Bamberg or Bamber, and I see that he was on "Cold Case," in 2007, which is weird because Sweetie swears that she didn't watch that show, but she certainly knows who Jamie Bamber is, and knew who he was even before I tried to get her to watch "Battlestar Ellen-Actica."

But more to the point, Sweetie knows him as "Lee Adama, the guy who accidentally showed his Battlestar on TV when his towel drooped a little too low in one scene."

I know him as: Lee Adama, the guy who has made out with Starbuck about a billion times on the show. Ha! Sweetie hates Starbuck. Serves her right. (Sweetie, not Starbuck.) Also, he was in Hornblower: The Frogs and The Lobsters, a TV movie I haven't seen but which I gather was about how the British navy used frogs and lobsters to destroy the Spanish Armada in 1972.

Reason I Tell Myself Sweetie Likes Him: I can't fool myself on this one. As I noted, Sweetie likes Mr. Starbuck's Guy because of the towel. She refused to watch "Ellen The Cylon's Trip To Earth" until one day when she read how Lee Adama's towel had slipped and people got a glimpse of his... Viper... and then she watched after that. So it's obvious to me: Sweetie likes him because he always makes sure to put away his towel after a shower.

Actual Reason Sweetie Likes Him: "Because of his body."

Point I'd Like To Make About Sweetie's Reason For Liking Him: Effective today, I will no longer be putting away my towel. Also, I'm working on it. I did, like, 18 sit-ups yesterday.

No comments: