Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Starting Tonight, I Put The Hurt On The Boy And Middle -- Metaphorically Speaking. (The Septathlon, 1)


With the ending of my library crusade, I need something else to occupy my time, and work clearly is not going to cut it.

That's why tonight, The Septathlon begins: a some-holds-barred athletic competition between me, The Boy, and Middle.

The Septathlon has its roots in the ongoing rivalry The Boy and I engage in, a rivalry that typically manifests itself in t-shirt bets, but every now and then busts out into actual physical competition. Most recently, we've been debating who is the more athletic of the two of us, and he claimed that he was, by far. So we began discussing having some sort of event to sort this out for once and for all, and finally settled on a competition where each of us would choose three events and fight it out.

Then Middle wanted in, too, so we let her in, and decided that Middle and I would each choose two events, and The Boy could choose three, with The Boy going first. We settled on tonight to begin the event.

So tonight, at about 8:30, we will do Septathlon Event 1: Basketball. I will face off against The Boy in Game One (reffed by Middle) with Middle facing the winner.

To help get me, and everyone else, fired up, I've located the single most inspirational music you'll ever hear:


1 comment:

lisapepin said...

I think I speak for all your readers when I say that a video of this competition is absolutely necessary.