Saturday, May 02, 2009

As part of my rise to the top, I will invent the world's first "Cookie Pizza."

A while back, over on The Best of Everything, I wrote up what I thought would be The Best Job To Have When You Get Tired Of Having Your Own Job, and the job I picked (Guiness World Record Confirmer) was indeed a good one... as were all the other jobs I sometimes long to have.

But I left one out: Cookie store owner. I would love to own a cookie store. Here's the pros & cons:

CONS: Trouble deciding which cookies to eat first for breakfast; weekly need to buy larger set of pants because current pants keep "shrinking in the wash."

PROS: Cookies.

(Note: In my current life, my pants exhibit a disturbing trend to shrink in the wash, too. Sweetie needs to be more careful and it has nothing to do with cold pizza leftovers.)

Additional PRO that I just remembered: ... including Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies.

What's gotten me thinking about cookies this morning? More than usual, I mean? The ad I saw for owning a cookie franchise from Mrs. Fields. They've got a site that shows all the steps to getting into the cookie-making business, which I assume would also put me into the cookie-eating business: From the costs of investing (surprisingly low) to how they support you with advertising and ongoing training to an online form to apply for a franchise, they make it simple to determine if you're right for Mrs. Fields and Mrs. Fields is right for you.

And I am certain this is the career for me. Look at those Pros & Cons again -- I've got a carefully thought out business plan.

I haven't yet worked out the economics of how I'd make a living baking cookies that I would then selfishly refuse to sell to customers, but I'm pretty sure it can be done in the "new economy," or "via the Internet," or some other buzzwords.

Oh! Additional Pro I just Thought Of: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!

No comments: