Saturday, May 02, 2009

Viva O'Laughlin: Sweetie's Hunk of the Week (14)!

Sweetie's Hunk of the Week is... Alex O'Laughlin?

You/Sweetie Know Him As: ...a guy who was on "Criminal Minds" the other night, and also in something Sweetie said was called "Moonlight," about vampires. I pointed out to her that it's Twilight that's about vampires. So, you and Sweetie know him as that guy from Twilight.

I know him as: I don't know him at all. When Sweetie said "Alex O'Laughlin," all I could think of was Viva Laughlin and that scene they showed on The Soup of that guy singing that Elton John song. So, I guess, I know him as that guy who sang that Elton John song.

Thing That Makes You Go Hmmm About Him: There is no star too obscure to have a fan site, it seems, and the Elton-John-singing-guy-from-Twilight is no exception: Adoring Alex ("We strive to be your #1 fan source" for Alex O'Laughlin... as though the competition is fierce?) was set up by a loyal fan of his (who knew Sweetie could program HTML?) . The #1 fan source about Alex O'Laughlin lists his height as "6'1?" But it does note that he gained fame in his first role, playing... seriously... a guy who takes on a job as an oyster farmer to pay his sister's medical bills, only to find oyster farming doesn't pay enough, so he has to rob an armored car.

Reason I Tell Myself Sweetie Likes Him: Sweetie saw him in that episode of "Criminal Minds" this week, the episode that also featured Jamie Bamberg, who was Hunk #7 and who also has an inability to keep his towel in place. So I assume that hunkiness rubs off on people near you, and Elton-John-Twilight got a little residual hunkiness thrown his way. (The same thing happened in high school with cool kids, which was why I tried to sit near them whenever possible.)(It never worked.)

Actual Reason Sweetie Likes Him: "He's just so cute."

Point I'd Like To Make About Sweetie's Reason For Liking Him: Sweetie, be honest. You liked him for the stirring rendition he gave of "I'm Still Standing." I give you... "Viva, Laughlin!":




Note: Upon reading this, Sweetie corrected me: Jamie Bamberg was not in this week's "Criminal Minds." He was in this week's "Cold Case," a show Sweetie had previously quit watching but which, for some reason she decided, clear out of the blue, inexplicably, for no reason whatsover to watch this week. Whatever her reasons for watching that show (I wonder...) I bow to Sweetie's categorial knowledge of places Jamie Bamberg has been seen.

No comments: