Thursday, October 29, 2009

It was at least 15 different attachments.

I had to, the other day, send a large, large file to a client. Mailing it wasn't an option because the client's too far away and it needed to be there right away.

I ended up sending about 15 different attachments in a couple of emails, because of the limitations on how much I can upload to an email. That meant that I had to laboriously go ahead and open a new email, type the address, put in the subject, attach the newest portion, and then send them -- and my client will have to do the same on the receiving end.

That, along with some other experiences I've had, have convinced me to sing up for the Miss Upload Free File Hosting, a service that lets me load files, pictures, word documents, music, you name it, into their sit for free, and then download it.

But I don't have to do it all on my own, either, like some other file-storage sites. I'm not that computer savvy, and I need to do stuff fast and right, which is why I like Miss Upload's tech support. They've got people who are excellent at working out technical issues (not that there are many, but you want help when there is one).

And it's FAST. Way faster than open-email, type-in-stuff, attach, etc. It's click-and-go type of fast, with minimal download delays for the free service and no download delays for the pay/premium service.

I also learned that Miss Upload offers points for downloads, so the more downloads there are on a file, the more points I can get, and the points can be exchanged for cash -- so I can make money WHILE I'm working...

(Arrested Development reference!)

...but the real benefits, to me, are in the speed and ease of the service. Files need to be moved around and made accessible in different places, and nobody wants to take a long time doing that -- let along haul around a hard copy. With Miss Upload, I can have my files available easily and quickly whenever and wherever I want them.

No comments: