Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wouldn't "Portable Guinea Pigs" make a great band name?

Have you ever been sitting somewhere, like, say, a mandatory meeting for parents of high school students about financial aid and college and other important matters, and instead of listening, you're trying to watch videos on your iPod, but you don't have any good ones, and you sit there thinking Boy, today I was able to watch The Pen Story and that one with the hippo where they dance to The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I'd kind of like to watch that one...

And then you realize that the meeting's been over for a half hour?

Me, too. That's why I was so excited to hear about "Voydo." Voydo is a service that lets you Convert And Download YouTube Videos, without being a technological genius, either.

Check out the site. It's totally simple: Just cut&paste the video link URL and then hit a button. Then you click the box and it'll take it from there.

This is, not to put too fine a point on it, one of the greatest advances I've ever heard of. The key problem with Youtube (aside from those stupid piano cat videos) is that I could never take the videos with me to watch some other time. So if I wanted to see that guinea pig turning around, I had to go to work to do it. Or home. But you get the point. I wanted portable guinea pigs.

I just now, in about a minute and a half, did that and added some cool videos to my iPod, so I'm ready for the next big parental meeting at school. Bring it on, administrators!

No comments: