Friday, September 04, 2009

My first action figure ever was "Luke Skywalker." (3 Good Things from 9/4/09)


You'd think it wouldn't be hard to come up with 3 Good Things from a half-day Friday, and you're right...

1. Sweetie and I stopped to buy lemonade from some girls selling it at a roadside stand, and they said we were their only customers besides their dad. Sweetie always stops at lemonade stands. That should be one of my 1001 things, I think: Always stop at lemonade stands. (As we drove away with our lemonade, Sweetie reminded me of the time she'd stopped at one lemonade stand with a gimmick: The kids had played the flute for her while she drank the lemonade.)

2. Mr Bunches said garden. I know he said that because we were watching one of his instructional videos and the word-plus-sign-language was garden. So now he can count to five, almost, and say garden. He's ready for life.

3. We got to go to the toy store! One huge benefit of kids is that it lets you do kid stuff and not look weird, so I got to go walk through the action figures and radio-controlled toy aisles and not get thrown out of the store. (Sweetie eventually steered me to aisles that had toys for 3-year-olds, but I got to see action figures first.)

No comments: