Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Also, an Ebel Chronograph is more fun to unwrap than a "power of attorney" form is.

I was going to get my Dad, for Christmas, the wonderful gift of "estate planning," hiring a lawyer to do his will and things like that. I even asked him if he'd like that, and he didn't say no, so that was the plan. Then I talked to the lawyer I was going to hire, and he pointed out that my Dad didn't need an estate plan, that a few simple forms would take care of everything, leaving me with a dilemma:

Do I get those forms and give them to Dad and claim that was my present, and end up getting some kind of horrible karma? Or do I give my Dad something else?

I've hit on something else. I'm not messing up Christmas or my karma. The something else I've hit on is an ebel chronograph from The Watchery.

The Watchery is the best place to get a watch, and I can say that with confidence because it's the only place I know that not only sells great watches like the Ebel Beluga , but it also sells those watches, and other luxury watches, at up to 75% off.

This is the watch I've picked out for Dad:


The Ebel 1911 Men's Chronograph watch, which is marked down 75% right now, saving me nearly $4,000 on that watch -- it's less expensive than hiring a lawyer, but he doesn't have to know that.

I picked that one because it's the kind of thing Dad would like: Solid, not flashy, traditional, and very well-made. But they've got all kinds of great men's and women's watches by Ebel there on the site, watches made by a company that's been making watches since 1911 and knows, after all this time (get it? It's a pun!) how to make a great watch.

And, I can order it now and they'll guarantee it gets here by Christmas Eve -- just in time. (Can't resist it.)

Maybe you've got the same dilemma: Maybe you planned to get someone a great gift like "hiring them a lawyer," but it fell through. Or maybe you're a last minute shopper. Or maybe you just want to get a gift that the person will use every day. Regardless of which category you fall into, isn't it TIME to check out The Watchery?

Sorry. I like puns.

No comments: