Thursday, December 18, 2008

Apparently, the bar for Christmas miracles has been set a lot lower in my house.


One of the things I like best about shopping for Christmas is getting "stocking stuffers," those little, inexpensive presents that can be wrapped separately as a fun little thing, or actually put into a stocking for someone on Christmas morning.

Like this year, I'm getting Middle and Sweetie and Oldest some nail polish as an extra little gift -- and, guys, listen up: You don't have to venture into that frightening make-up zone in the department stores to buy nail polish, because you can get it online through "Hello Gorgeous!"

"Hello Gorgeous!" is this site I found that sells things like OPI nail polish and nail accessories, like balms and nail files and... whatever it is that needs to be done to nails besides cut them occasionally, I guess. I don't know, because I'm a guy and all I do to my nails is cut them too short and chew on them.

But Sweetie and Middle and Oldest like doing their nails, and I like getting them presents, so it's nice to be able to go online and just order them things like this:
Neat picture, right? That is "Creative Nails" nail polish, which comes in "bold colors," and can even come in glitter and things like that (Middle, being 17, will probably appreciate that.) All the "Creative Nails" are discounted from $7 to much less, so I can order them and save money on them, too, and get some brightly-colored little things to add in as presents.

The girls get bold-colored nails, I get credit for being thoughtful, and nobody has to walk past those perfume spritzers to get what they want. Plus, I can then give the girls the website address where I got these things, and they can start buying off of there, too -- so in the future, I won't need to go with them to the mall and spend a whole day bumming around while they shop. It's like a Christmas Miracle.

No comments: