Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An infinite amount of luck: 66 down, 9,159 to go.


This morning, I got into my car and started it up and turned on the radio and heard, just beginning, song 66, which is The Underdog, by Spoon. Since I love this song (it's on my rarely-used "Upbeat" playlist of songs that always make me feel happy), I thought to myself what luck! How awesome is that, to get in and hear a song you love just beginning on the radio?

But then I worried that I may only get a certain amount of luck in my lifetime, and that I'd just used up some of that luck on this, getting a song to play just as I get into the car, and what if the amount of luck I get in a lifetime was just barely enough to win the lottery and move to Hawaii, and now I was just under the threshold of that amount of luck?

And then I further used up some luck by winning tickets to The Nutcracker on the way to work. And also in not crashing as I called the radio station to win those tickets.

So I may not be going to Hawaii, but I am going to see The Nutcracker. And I got to listen to The Underdog. Which I have on my iPod anyway.

I hope I'm wrong about the luck. I hope that there's an infinite amount of luck available.



Down... to go: I may have an infinite amount of luck, but I have 9,225 songs on my iPod and together we'll get through them all. Song 65 here.

No comments: