Wednesday, December 17, 2008

They don't even sting like you'd think. And they feel velvety.

When we first decided,last year, to take the kids to Florida, we let them choose which of the theme parks we would go to, and to be honest, I was surprised that they picked Sea World. With all the other theme parks that in Orlando, I wondered why they'd take what appeared to be the one that least appealed to them.

I was wrong. Sea World totally appealed to them. There were excellent rides, rollercoasters and water rides that they loved. There were, too, more things to do than in many theme parks. Sea World had their shark tank aquarium, where you can walk through a tunnel while around you and above you swim what seem like hundreds of sharks. They had the Sting Ray bay, where I got to feel a real sting ray and see more of them swimming around than ever. There were manatees and dolphins and shows and of course killer whales doing tricks.

There was even stuff for the little kids to do -- a playland with all kinds of contraptions to climb on and slide around.

In the end, I liked Sea World even more than the kids did, and they liked it a lot. If I had any regrets at all, it's that I bought the tickets at the door, which meant I spent a ton of money and paid full price like a sucker. Had I known then that I could get discount sea world tickets through Orlando Fun Tickets, the day would have been perfect, because we would have spent our time at an awesome theme park with one-of-a-kind attractions, and we would have done so for a lot less than full price.

In fact, Orlando Fun Tickets would have saved us enough for me to buy even more souvenirs than I did -- plus, they've got a special limited time offer right now giving a FREE second day if you buy your tickets, so we could have paid less than we did and gone twice as much as we did.

Twice as much sting ray petting and souvenirs and roller-coaster riding, for way less money... and I could have seen those sharks again, too.

No comments: