Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where would they be hauling the oats to? 63 down, 9,288 to go.

Music ends up on my iPod because of other people, too.

Who knew that Sweetie buys music? I didn't think she even liked music. But then, yesterday, while I was cleaning up after dinner, Sweetie took time out from replaying "Dear Sister" several times to play today's song. This is the conversation that we had when she started this song:

Me: Your music is terrible.

Sweetie: That's a nice thing to say. You're not nice.

Me: Do you like any of my music?

Sweetie: No.

Me: Why?

Sweetie: Because your music is for old people.

At which point, she put on what is now Song 63, She's Gone, by Hall & Oates.




Hall & Oates. Hall & Oates. This is the music Sweetie considers cool. All I have to say about that is this: "Hall & Oates" was beloved by old people in the 80s, which means all the middle-aged people who loved them then are now senior citizens. Take that, Sweetie!

Also: When I was younger, I thought the name of this group wasn't "Hall & Oates,", but "Haulin' Oats."

Down... to Go: All the songs on my iPod. But not in order. That'd be crazy. Song 62 here.

Parentheses:






No comments: