Sunday, May 31, 2009

He has quite a following in my family. Just ask my uncle Bill. (Take a Book For Charity, 12)


As we await the return of the signed copy of Eclipse from "Murder Mystery" (a/k/a, The Greatest Rock Band In The History of Ever), I've continued trying to find others to help raise money to assist Mateo and McHale Shaw with their medical bills.

Today's contact: Danny Gokey, the Milwaukeean who finished third (but should've finished first) on this year's American Idol. Danny's a great singer, and a greater guy, and would've made a great American Idol. I've contacted him today on his Myspace page, to see if in between helping his own charity (Sophia's Heart, which you can find out more about here), he'll help this one, too.



Take a Book For Charity is my program in which I am asking that various organizations do something neat with my book, Eclipse, and then send it to me to auction off, with all the proceeds of that auction going to McHale and Mateo Shaw.

Want to take part? If you've got an idea for something interesting to take my book to, and want a donated copy for charity, email me at thetroublewithroy[at]yahoo.com. Put "I'd like to take a book for charity" in the subject line.

And, the promotion I was offering if you just want to buy my book is still open: the first 50 people to send me a picture of them holding Eclipse get an awesome t-shirt, free!

For more information about the Shaw Twins, go here
.

To read up on the blog their parents keep and find out how to help more directly, go to "Caring Bridge" and type "Mateoandmchaleshaw" into the "Visit a Caring Bridge Site.'

And, as always, send your contributions to the Shaws to:

Mateo and McHale Shaw Irrevocable SNT
C/O Kohler Credit Union
850 Woodlake Road

Kohler, WI 53044


Also: If you are a library, community organization, or other charitable group and want a free copy of my book, email me at that address and I'll send you one. Put "Free Copy of Book" in the subject line.

No comments: