Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'd make a "2001" joke, but I bet he gets sick of those (Take A Book For Charity, 11)


Even as we speak, my book, Eclipse, is winging its way to New York for autographing by Murder Mystery (a/k/a "The Greatest Band In The History Of Ever") and when I get that back, I'll auction it as promised...

... but I'm still continuing to try to get others to Take a Book for Charity, and I'm pleased to report today that the arduous process of becoming a MySpace friend to Gary Lockwood is now complete; I have become a friend of Gary Lockwood -- star of 2001: A Space Odyssey -- and have today posted a comment on his MySpace page asking him to join Murder Mystery (The Greatest Band In The History of Ever) in helping me help Mateo and McHale Shaw pay their medical bills.

I will keep you posted on Mr. Lockwood's response. Will he help out -- and maybe make himself, in so doing, the Greatest Actor in the History of Ever? Stay Tuned!

Also, here's a link to Murder Mystery's MySpace page. Go listen to their music or buy their album or go to their shows or do all three. They rock.


Take a Book For Charity is my program in which I am asking that various organizations do something neat with my book, Eclipse, and then send it to me to auction off, with all the proceeds of that auction going to McHale and Mateo Shaw.

Want to take part? If you've got an idea for something interesting to take my book to, and want a donated copy for charity, email me at thetroublewithroy[at]yahoo.com. Put "I'd like to take a book for charity" in the subject line.

And, the promotion I was offering if you just want to buy my book is still open: the first 50 people to send me a picture of them holding Eclipse get an awesome t-shirt, free!

For more information about the Shaw Twins, go here
.

To read up on the blog their parents keep and find out how to help more directly, go to "Caring Bridge" and type "Mateoandmchaleshaw" into the "Visit a Caring Bridge Site.'

And, as always, send your contributions to the Shaws to:

Mateo and McHale Shaw Irrevocable SNT
C/O Kohler Credit Union
850 Woodlake Road

Kohler, WI 53044


Also: If you are a library, community organization, or other charitable group and want a free copy of my book, email me at that address and I'll send you one. Put "Free Copy of Book" in the subject line.

No comments: