Saturday, July 11, 2009

He was voted a sexy geek, too. How come nobody ever calls me a sexy geek? They call me half of that phrase... (Sweetie's Hunks of the Week, 23)

Sweetie's Hunk of the Week is: Chris Hardwick!

You/Sweetie Know Him As: The host of Web Soup, a show making fun of the Internet that I found on TV and made Sweetie watch. Yep: Sweetie knows him because of me!

I know him as: Wait a minute... I gotta think this through here. Let me see: I found the show, and Sweetie didn't want to watch, but I got her to watch a couple of episodes, and then she picked this guy as the Hunk of the Week...

Thing That Makes You Go Hmmm About Him: That doesn't actually seem so smart now, does it? Great! I find a cool show that I like and then Sweetie thinks the guy's all hunky, and now I can't watch it anymore because instead of laughing at stupid things on the Internet, all I'm going to be thinking is: What's so great about this guy? He looks kind of nerdy. In fact, his blog is even called "The Nerdist." Also, he played "Fish" on Baby Looney Tunes. Also, he has a huge Adam's apple. Although I actually thought that last one before I knew Sweetie thought this guy was the cat's pajamas.

The reason I tell myself Sweetie likes him: Did I just say "cat's pajamas?" This has really thrown me for a loop. It's like in one of those movies where the knight takes on a young protege, and begins to train him, never knowing that in the end, the knight will be overthrown by the very person he selected to back him up, and then will be eaten by a dragon.

There's movies like that, right? There should be. And now there probably will be, and they'll star stupid Chris Hardwick and his nerdy haircut and Sweetie will go see it and probably download the soundtrack, which will probably have a song by Chris Hardwick on it, so basically I'm looking at a life of Chris Hardwick.

The Actual Reason Sweetie Likes Him: "He's cute."

Point I'd Like To Make About Sweetie's Actual Reason For Liking Him: From now on, we are only watching shows that star Jackie Gleason. Him, I can compete with.

No comments: