Friday, November 06, 2009

It all makes sense if you read it a couple times. (3 Good Things from 11/5/09)


1. Sweetie ordered the Yankees t-shirts, and they weren't that expensive. As a result of losing my World Series bet with The Boy -- I was wiped out before the Series started, when none of the teams I chose at the start of the playoffs even made the series-- I had to buy him and the Babies! each a Yankees' t-shirt. Sweetie went ahead and ordered them for me, and they were only $40, total, so I got off kind of easy on this one.

2. I accidentally didn't forget my keys, which may not make sense until I explain: I was leaving work and almost out of the building when I realized that I'd left my cell phone in my office. I was going to leave it there, but then I thought "I'm running late, so it'd be nice if I called Sweetie to let her know I'm on my way," and I went back up and got the cell phone, at which point I discovered that I'd left my car keys on my desk, too. Which meant that if I hadn't gone back to get the phone, I'd have walked a couple blocks to my car, only to have to turn around and go back anyway. But because I remembered I forgot my cell phone, I accidentally didn't forget my keys.

3. Rapping the alphabet is harder, but more fun, than you'd imagine. Every night, in the tub, I sing the "Alphabet Song" to the Babies! as a bit of learning time. Last night, I tried mixing it up, singing it to the rhythm of Handlebars, by Flobots, and then trying to rap the alphabet to the the rhythm of Parents Just Don't Understand. It's way, way harder -- but way more fun -- than you'd ever guess. Try it and see.

No comments: