Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm not sure what I've got here is math. It may be anthropology. (Take A Book For Charity, 9)


I've been trying for two weeks now to get in touch with Gary Lockwood -- who you'll know as "the other guy in 2001: A Space Odyssey." I had figured to contact all three of the stars, but Gary Lockwood has stumped me, mostly because of MySpace.

See, the only (easy) way to get in touch with Gary Lockwood is through his Myspace page, which required me to try to remember my old Myspace password. When I couldn't do that, I had to re-log in and then look up Gary again and try to send him a message... but I couldn't because he's "set to away." Whatever that means.

So his Myspace page said I could leave him a comment, only to do that you have to be "friends" with someone. I sent a request to friend Gary Lockwood, but he hasn't answered yet.

So for now, I'm stymied by Gary Lockwood, and I moved on to the next group on the list: Murder Mystery, the band. They also have a Myspace page, which you can find here. More importantly, they have a song, "Love Astronaut," which I think is among the 20 most awesome songs ever. It's only the second song to get put onto my coveted "Upbeat" playlist this year.

Murder Mystery is a potential Take a Book-er because Eclipse is about an astronaut (like the Love Astronaut?) and it's about a murder... maybe... and so, well, you can do the math, too, right? (Astronaut + Murder = Murder Mystery "Love Astronaut.")

Anyway, I've sent Murder Mystery a letter asking them to Take a Book For Charity. I'll keep you posted. And here's their song:





Take a Book For Charity is my program in which I am asking that various organizations do something neat with my book, Eclipse, and then send it to me to auction off, with all the proceeds of that auction going to McHale and Mateo Shaw.

Want to take part? If you've got an idea for something interesting to take my book to, and want a donated copy for charity, email me at thetroublewithroy[at]yahoo.com. Put "I'd like to take a book for charity" in the subject line.

And, the promotion I was offering if you just want to buy my book is still open: the first 50 people to send me a picture of them holding Eclipse get an awesome t-shirt, free!

For more information about the Shaw Twins, go here
.

To read up on the blog their parents keep and find out how to help more directly, go to "Caring Bridge" and type "Mateoandmchaleshaw" into the "Visit a Caring Bridge Site.'

And, as always, send your contributions to the Shaws to:

Mateo and McHale Shaw Irrevocable SNT
C/O Kohler Credit Union
850 Woodlake Road

Kohler, WI 53044


Also: If you are a library, community organization, or other charitable group and want a free copy of my book, email me at that address and I'll send you one. Put "Free Copy of Book" in the subject line.

No comments: