Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sound investment advice and strategies contained in this post! (Thank me later, in 10s and 20s).

Right now, you don't want to be investing too much in the stock market. Yeah, buy some stocks and bonds for when the market rebounds, but for the meantime, and for short-term money, keep it in banks and make sure that you're always getting the best rate on your savings and CDs.

You can do that -- get the best rate-- the easy way: Get in your car every morning, and drive to every bank in a 50, or maybe 60, mile radius around you. At each bank, stop in and find out what their rates are on a variety of money products, then go to the next one. Keep copious notes. By about noon or so you should have hit them all. Then go back over them to make sure the rates have changed. By 5 p.m., you'll know where to put your money and ...

... what? Of course that's the easiest way. It's ridiculous to think that... The Internet, you say? Sure, that's good for looking at funny videos of kittens, but how can it help me with?

Really? A whole website with online CD rates that lets you compare them instantly?

Let me see this. Wait here.

Wow. MonitorBankRates.com really does have all the rates and all the options, right there. I could even open an Online Savings Account and have my money deposited there and never have to drive to the bank again. I can check the CD rates and savings account rates, all from the comfort of my own living room, and they've even got the best rates for credit cards and mortgage and car loans.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all this extra time I have on my hands, now. Wait... I DO know: more videos of kittens!

No comments: