Thursday, August 20, 2009

Learning can be fun? Why didn't I know about this back in school?

You have to do a little bragging on yourself even to your relatives-man doesn't get anywhere without advertising.

That quote comes to you courtesy of former Vice President John Nance Garner. I know the quote, and who said it, thanks to Question.com, a site full of Questions and Answers that you'll get lost in just clicking around.

Let me give you an example. I went to Questions.com to look up something about dark matter, because I felt like making fun of scientists who believe in "Dark Matter" when everyone knows "dark matter" = "I don't know, so I made something up." But before I could look that up, right on the home page was the word of the day, rubicon, and so I read the definition of that, and also what it means to "cross the Rubicon," (to take a decisive step, with no turning back) and then I saw that it was former president Benjamin Harrison's birthday today, so I went to see what he'd done as president, because I didn't remember, but then I got sidetracked with that vice-presidential quote...

And that's just the beginning. They've got QuestionBin, too, which is the first answers feature with audio and video joining text, and I'll probably spend most of the night looking at that, too...

No comments: