Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Application Implications: Question of the Day: 49


Do they mean all the time?

Our health club's entrance has a counter area where, on entering, you scan your membership card and move in. The counter has two sides to walk on, with the scanner only on one side. There's a sign on the door that says Exit To The Right. Exiting to the right means walking out of my way around the far side of the counter.

I say that sign only applies when there are people entering -- because it would keep me from bumping into them or having to squeeze past them. Sweetie says it applies all the time, even at 10 p.m. when there's nobody around.

I think that some signs imply that they only apply at certain times. Like the stoplight near our house that used to have "No right turn on red between 3-6," which I said meant only during rush hour, and not on Sunday afternoons. I won that battle -- they eventually took the sign down.

No comments: