Friday, March 20, 2009

Quote of the Day, 19:


"I'm not really a spring person."

-- Security guard at the courthouse on Monday morning, explaining why she didn't like spring.

What? I wasn't sure, at first, that I heard her right. How can you not be a spring person? I understand not liking winter-- it's cold, it's wet, the nights are superlong, Santa only comes once, all that. I understand not liking fall -- leaves to rake, getting colder, the World Series is on TV and who needs that tying up all their TV time.

I can even understand people who don't like summer -- they're nuts, but I can understand it because it's hot, sometimes.

But spring? What possible reason could there be for not liking spring? "I'm just not a fan of flowers and leaves and warmer temperatures?" "I hate it when the world is reborn and fresh and new?"

No comments: