Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's not the actual song. It's better. I wish I had THIS song on my iPod. (85 Down, 9,881 to Go)


Don't think I'm a sissy or anything, but I've got a confession to make.

Song 85 is "President Garfield's Hornpipe." I downloaded this song approximately 1 million years ago, and I don't know where I got it from or who recorded it or anything. It just sits on my iPod waiting for me, with its jaunty little tune full of accordions and stuff.

The song came on this morning while I was driving in to work admiring the view of the Monona Terrace, and I decided to make it today's "Down... To Go."

Only I couldn't find the version that I have, on my iPod, anywhere on Youtube. ( What's up with you, Internet? Why do you, 0.1% of the time, fail to satisfy my every whim? I hate you!)(I'm sorry, Internet. I didn't mean that. I'm just emotional right now.)

I'm emotional because while looking for my version of Song 85, I found this version:

"President Garfield's Hornpipe" performed by Peggy Carter


And I listened to that and it was so beautiful it actually brought a little lump to my throat. Which, officially, I'm going to just claim was a bit of yogurt from my lunch.

A beautiful, emotional, bit of yogurt from my lunch.

No comments: