Sunday, August 09, 2009

Notice that they all start with "re-". Neat, huh? (3 Good Things from 8/8/09)


Does it count as an introduction if I say I'm going to just list the 3 Good Things without introduction?

1. Relief at Sweetie surprising me and the Babies! by showing up at the park to give us a ride home -- I'd planned on walking home, like we walked there, but the trip home includes a long walk up a long hill pushing 90 pounds of 3-year-olds plus the stroller.

2. Rediscovering the Violent Femmes' album, The Blind Leading The Naked. As I continue to collect CDs versions of all the albums I have on cassette tape, I'm more and more realizing that I had (and have) excellent taste in music.



3. Realizing that I'm not the kind of person who would buy $1800 worth of kitchen sink, which made me proud of myself and my upbringing. We had to run to pick up a shower handle in the morning, and while I waited for the salesman to find it, I looked at the faucet fixtures in the showroom. Featured near me was one with a sink that cost $756 and a faucet, sold separately, retailing at $1,056. I can't imagine what kind of terrible person would waste money like that, but I'm glad I'm not that kind of person.

No comments: