Just because I spent most of the day on a quest to buy comic books doesn't mean I didn't have another great idea about how to tune up the world, and here it is:
10. Have more sidewalk cafes and outdoor seating.
About a month or two ago, I had to meet with a client to discuss a couple of things. "Want to go get a cup of coffee?" he asked, and so we did. We walked a block to a coffee shop and got coffee and sat outside at the tables discussing the matters we had to go over. It was a warm sunny day and we people watched as we talked and enjoyed the feeling of just being outside.
I walk by people at the very few outdoor tables around Capitol Square all the time, and they always seem to be enjoying themselves. Eating outdoors, or just drinking outdoors, does that. It makes you loosen up your tie, stay a little longer, look at the grass and the cars and the walkers.
Any business that serves food or drink should have a place for at least a couple of customers to sit outside and eat or drink the stuff they serve. It's the grown-up equivalent of when, in grade school, the teacher would say "Let's have class outside today" and maybe class ran a little long, but who cared? It was a way of enjoying what you do, and enjoying it a little longer than you would have otherwise.
9. When you have to give someone a gift, ask them what they want, and then get that thing for them.
8. Never interrupt or finish someone's jokes.
7. Periodically, give up something you like for at least a month.
6. Switch to "E-money."
5. Have each person assigned one phone number, and then add an extension for the various phones and faxes that person might be reached at.
4. Abolish Mondays and Tuesdays.
3. Don't listen to interviews with athletes or comedians.
2. Have "personal cashiers" at the grocery store.
1. Don't earn more than $200,000 per year.
Want a better experience on your next vacation? Forget hotels, and forget bottom-of-the-barrel vacation rentals from someone you don't know and can't trust. Go to VacationRental.org, the site created by vacation rental owners who actually care about you and who cater to discriminating travelers who want the most out of theirvacation rental. They've got mountains, beaches, and everything in between, all at the highest standards of quality.