Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quote of the Day, 35.


I like to use Quotes of the Day to highlight something someone said that was funny, or witty, or smart, or which made a point about my life, good or bad. But sometimes, there is a quote of the day that encapsulates my life perfectly, and that quote is today's Quote of the Day, which was actually uttered by The Boy on Saturday.

Sweetie and I were relaxing in our room watching TV and reading on Saturday afternoon. The Boy came home from work and hopped in the shower -- now that he knows some girls, he showers without being told -- and after a long time, we heard the door open. Then close. Then open again. Then water was running. Then the door opened and closed again. Then more water. Then more doors and footsteps and opening and closing and water until I said:

"What's going on out there?"

To which The Boy responded by shouting Quote of the Day 35 from the hallway just outside the door:

"Don't come out. I need more towels."

Luckily for me, my mind kicked in before I could picture anything that might be caused by The Boy and be so bad that it needed piles and piles of towels and couldn't be viewed by me. That is a tense 10 minutes, sitting in my room deciding whether I wanted to get up and see, or needed to get up and see, and also waiting to see whether I'll hear some kind of crash as the bathtub falls through the floor, or a scream or something.

I finally opted not to go look until he said it was okay to do so, and so I never did see the bathroom before he got it cleaned up, and I never fully understood what happened because the explanation, when it finally came (and we were allowed out of our room) involved numerous wet patches on the carpet, a bathroom full of steam, and something about shaving his neck.

I just stopped him there. I didn't need to hear any more than that.

No comments: