Thursday, July 23, 2009

Better late than never (3 Good Things)


I'm getting later and later in the day with these... you can sometimes tell, by that, just how my morning's gone. But even on days like today, when it's been one crummy thing after another, I keep smiling and bright by remembering at least 3 Good Things from the day before...

1. The guys on the sports radio show during my drive home doing their hilarious impressions of how it would sound when Packers' fans begin calling in to radio shows this Friday, the day Brett Favre is expected to become a Minnesota Viking. I almost never laugh at their show, but they were really funny yesterday. "I've been a Packer fan since 1963 and I'll tell ya, Bart Starr woulda never done dis..." Nailed it!

2. The view from the top of the hill at the Department of Agriculture on the East Side of Madison. If there is a bright spot in having to spend over an hour poring over grain dealer records going back to 2002, it's that before and after I did it, I got to see Dane County spread out before me as though I were the king of the world. Or at least Dane County.

3. I was able to quickly and easily fix the spray hose on the sink -- the little spray handle had broken and kept not shutting off when used to spray, but using my expert knowledge of "buying a handle and screwing it on," I fixed that puppy right up.

No comments: