Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quote of the Day, 32:


I bet someone somewhere in the world is named Googlipantz. Roger Googlipantz. Roger & Theresa Googlipantz.
-- Sweetie
, yesterday.

Sweetie and I were driving and discussing her belief that a wife should always take a husband's last name (something she holds against Angelina Jolie -- one of the 10 billion things she holds against Angelina Jolie) and I asked her what if there was a name that would sound stupid? A name like, say, Phartz?

"It doesn't matter," She said. "It wouldn't matter if it was Googlipantz."

At which point I said that I didn't think anyone in the world was named "Googlipantz." And Sweetie then said the quote of the day, and, later, searched (using Google, of course) to see if she could find someone, somewhere, named "Roger & Theresa Googlipantz."

She didn't find anyone. So I should've taken that bet.

Also: I was surprised to learn, when she searched for it, that she spelled it g-o-o-g-l-i-p-a-n-t-z. I'd have gone with g-o-o-g-l-y-p-a-n-t-s.

No comments: