Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm not sure how the footprints got on the ceiling, but there they are. And there they will stay.

I wish we had something like the White Gloves Klean Services business that does house cleaning in Houston, because it would make it a lot easier for me to be the kind of parent I want to be.

The kind of parent I want to be is the kind of parent who is willing, in the name of letting his Babies! explore the world and express their creativity, to let those Babies! do things like run around with uncapped markers, or to have them get into a hose fight in the back yard and then track mud through the kitchen (and dining room and living room and hallway and bedroom) en route to the tub, or the kind of parent who lets the older kids not do the dishes or clean up just yet because we're going for ice cream.

But the kind of parent I want to be is also the kind of parent who is still married and not in trouble with Sweetie.

So either I spend my time doing unparent-y things like "making the Babies! wear pants" or "not going for ice cream," or I spend my time doing unparent-y things like "begging Sweetie to unlock the door and just let me back in."

But if I had the White Gloves Kleaning Service that Houston has, I could be the kind of parent I want to be and not have Sweetie upset with me, because look at the stuff their site says they do: they vacuum, sweep, mop, dust, clean all the rooms, change bedclothes, and they'll even clean inside the refrigerator and oven... so Sweetie would never know that I'd spilt the butter and then overcooked the pizza.

They even clean blinds and baseboards -- getting rid of incriminating muddy/chocolate-y handprints (and footprints) before Sweetie could get home.

I'm thinking about calling them up anyway - -maybe they'll take pity on me and help me out, if I spring for the airfare.

I just hope they can get home before Sweetie does.

No comments: